Have you ever posted something on your Facebook business page and wanted it to stay at the top of your page for a period of time?
At Facebook, everything is chronological. As you make new posts your old posts move down the page, also commonly referred to as the “feed.”
Facebook allows you to keep a post at the top of your feed by “pinning” it.
Why would you want a post to be pinned?
A pinned post is the first post someone new to your page will see.
It might be a special offer, a video, or an announcement.
Here’s how you do it.
- Choose a post that you want to see at the top of your feed.
- You can only pin one post at a time.
- At the top right of the post you’ll see a little down arrow icon.
- Click that icon to active a drop down menu.
- Select “Pin to Top.”
- You will now see that post at the top of your feed, along with a little gold ribbon (see below).
- Pinned posts stay “pinned” for 7 days (according to Facebook, I’ve seen them stay there until unpinned).